Anywhere in the world, anywhere
in your design thinking journey
Welcome to LUMA Anywhere courses: a growing selection of online learning experiences that feature live instruction in design thinking. You’ll learn the acclaimed LUMA System of Innovation — a flexible, practical and easy-to-learn framework of human-centered design methods that has helped thousands of people around the world be more collaborative, creative and customer-centered.
During LUMA Anywhere courses, you’ll interact via live video conferencing with a LUMA-certified instructor who is eager to help you learn, and with other learners who are excited to bring design thinking into the way they work, every day.
Interested in LUMA Anywhere courses for one or more groups of 12 people, all from your organization? Please contact us to let us know how we can help.
LUMA Anywhere courses are highly interactive, engaging and dynamic. Our instructors use real-world examples so you can begin applying what you’ve learned, right away.
In LUMA Anywhere courses, you’ll get:
- Live learning sessions led by a LUMA-certified instructor.
- Video conferencing to maximize participation, encourage visual learning and support collaboration from any location.
- Only 12 learners per course, so everyone can participate.
- Ways to focus on real challenges you’re already facing.
- Hands-on experience using human-centered design methods from the LUMA System.
- Access to LUMA Workplace, our digital platform for learning and applying the LUMA System.
LUMA Anywhere courses are three weeks long:
- In advance, you’ll review orientation information and complete a warmup activity so you’re ready to dive in.
- During weeks one and two, you’ll attend a two-hour live learning session each week and complete one assignment per week. Assignments will require at least one to two hours on your own.
- In week three, you’ll attend the final two-hour live learning session with wrap-up and traction plan.
- Learners in each course section remain together for all three live learning sessions to support developing a community of practice
Meet our instructors
LUMA has developed our own team of world-class instructors to lead each live learning session. They are keenly tuned to business-related challenges and they lead the live learning sessions in a plain-language and practical way. Every instructor has deep experience using human-centered design in private settings. That allows them to bring LUMA methods to life through relevant stories and to share real-world examples of using design thinking to overcome particular challenges.
In addition, each member of the team is skilled in online instruction and remote technologies to ensure each participant receives an exceptional experience in every session.
Your LUMA Anywhere course instructor could be one of the following individuals:
Technology you'll need
We highly recommend using a desktop or laptop computer for this course. Mobile devices are not recommended.
Zoom video conferencing: LUMA Anywhere courses are conducted using Zoom video conferencing. This tool helps maximize participation in live learning sessions, with key features that enable visualization and collaboration. You can find more details about Zoom technical requirements below. As best practices to keep our meetings secure, each LUMA Anywhere session has a unique ID and is password-protected.
Google Slides: In this course, you will use Google Slides for interactive collaboration during the live learning session. You don’t need a Google account to participate, but you do need to be able to follow a link to a Google Slides file and actively use Google Slides tools and functions. Learn more about Google Slides.
Technical requirements for supporting Zoom
The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participant’s network. It will automatically adjust for 3G, Wi-Fi or wired environments.
Other helpful information
Materials you’ll need
To make the most of your LUMA Anywhere course experience, you’ll need to come with an open mind and set up your workspace in a quiet, distraction-free area.
It’s also important to have these materials and tools on hand:
LUMA's recommended supplies can be found on amazon.com.
Each course section has 12 seats.
- Per seat: $850 USD
- All 12 seats in a single purchase: $8,500 USD
The LUMA System
The LUMA System is a practical, easy-to-learn and scalable framework of human-centered design methods that people can apply in their daily work, to tackle problems of all types.
Learn more about the LUMA System.